Take care of yourself now.
Take care of REAL ID later.
Due to COVID-19, the federal government extended the deadline for the new ID law to October 1, 2021. When the REAL ID Act goes into effect next year, Washington residents will need more than a standard driver’s license to travel by plane.
Are you prepared to travel in 2021?
You may already have what you need!
REAL ID is a law, not an actual piece of ID. Per the law, there are many pieces of existing identification options that will work including:
- Permanent Resident Card (Green Card)
- U.S. Military ID
- U.S. Passport
- U.S. Passport Card
- Foreign Passport
- Enhanced Driver License (EDL)
- Enhanced Identification Card (EID)
- Federally Recognized, Tribal-issued Photo ID
- Border Crossing Card
- U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services Employment Authorization Card (I-766)